Mad Hatters Afternoon Tea at the Sanderson

I am so happy to finally share the fact that I went to The Mad Hatters Afternoon Tea at the Sanderson!

I have seen so many pictures on Instagram and love following their account - I have been to the Sanderson for Espresso Martinis but really wanted to go for afternoon tea!

I just love going to afternoon tea and recently went to one with my mum but we really wanted to go with my sister and have a girls day out.

My sister booked it and as my mum hasn't been well she explained that we couldn't sit outside (extremely lucky as the temperature plummeted to 4 Celsius!) So the guy promised to have us seated inside and when we arrived we were pleasantly surprised!

We had a private dining area/ it was quite dark (which didn't help with pictures) BUT it was lovely.. dark and cosy and lit with candle light - we felt so privileged to be there.


The staff were incredibly friendly and explained the menu to us and asked about dietary requirements which are very important for me at the moment.

Before the sandwiches arrived we had complimentary cocktails whilst we chose our tea - excellent touch!

 

The Tea I chose - "Queen Of Hearts" as it was a blend of Rose (my absolute favourite) and a hint of Vanilla and chocolate - I absolutely loved it!

 

I loved the theme and how quirky it all was - the menu was a book, the tea pots had paper crowns and the cakes were decorated in theme. I've come to a realisation I love a themed afternoon tea!

The staff were on hand asking if we would like more and we could change our tea if we wanted to try another flavour, I have to say I stuck with mine BUT I did try my mums and sisters and theirs were both just as yummy!


 

My favourite part about it all was the fact we didn't feel rushed at all, and we ate/ drank tea and giggled.. when we asked for a group photo they were only too happy to take them!

You cannot fault the service at all!



Near the end we were treated to a little added extra and it was a plant plot filled with chocolate and honeycomb, it had been frozen and was too good to resist even though I was incredibly full up - I had to ask for a takeaway bag as I couldn't just leave the few cakes I failed to consume and knew they would be perfect for later.

Overall I am so happy I went and I can say I thoroughly enjoyed it! I would definitely love to go back and sit outside in spring/ summer where your meant to be but I am extremely happy about our private dining area as this meant my mum could really enjoy it too!

Also theres a few photo opportunities whilst you wait for your ride home :) Great day out!

 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you a Mamia Mum?

Mom Life - The Style Bubble baby products I am Loving - 6 months plus

Mom Life - The Style Bubble baby products i am loving!