The Polka Dot Trend Edit

Winter is slowly disappearing and our wardrobes are soon set to make a transition to spring and we all want to know what the next trend is and I can safely say that Polka dots are set to make a come back and take over the fashion scene.

In past years I haven't felt that I am a strong fan of Polka dots BUT this year I am just as crazy for polka dots than polka dots themselves!

Why?
Polka dots are fun, stylish and can be mixed and matched - whether you choose to dress them up or go casual the polka dot trend has your back..it is an easy, fun and flirty print.

so to kick start this trend in my wardrobe I spotted (get it?) this top on Zara.com - the main reason I fell in love with it was the fact its monochrome polka dots.

Also it looks vibrant, fresh and great value.



Initially when I unboxed it I wasn't too impressed as I thought it would be more like a t-shirt style long sleeve top but instead its loose and soft and I much prefer it this way.

The first time I styled it I went all rock chic and teamed it with pleather trousers and biker boots - I'm hoping to also style it with a pleather skirt and knee boots or even a pair of skinny jeans and flat forms.

What are your thoughts on the Polka Dot trend? will you be indulging in this fun and flirty pattern or do you find its too much for you?

I have seen top designers like Valentino have released a stunning polka dot dress and Mrs Self portrait have a gorgeous polka dot and ruffle top.

If your looking for something more reasonably priced or you wish to get the look for less then Zara is a great start and also Boohoo.



Comments

  1. I love polka dots and for sure will get a piece to catch up on that trend. I'm like you and prefer monochromatic ones.

    Hasta pronto,
    Selenita

    http://deborondi.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Are you a Mamia Mum?

Mom Life - The Style Bubble baby products I am Loving - 6 months plus

Mom Life - The Style Bubble baby products i am loving!