Mom Life - The Style Bubble handy tips Handbook babies 3 - 6 months

Can you believe it Aria is 6 months old!
I can't.. it feels like yesterday I was reflecting on the first 12 weeks and dying to pass on my thoughts and feelings about being a new mum.. now here I am writing about months 3 - 6.

Its becoming easier!

Being a new mum hasn't been easy but I have good news.. I honestly believed that after 12 weeks things started to become easier.
Im not going to say its easy but I feel like I was starting to understand Aria more, things became more predictable and I started to have law and order restored in my life again.

My advice:

Think positively and Keep going! it sounds silly but remember you need to credit yourself.. so think positively.. you are doing a great job and it WILL get easier.



Embrace the different stages:

Every day your baby is learning and growing and looking back I can honestly say I have enjoyed each moment, they really are precious and happen so quickly.

During this stage we changed Arias pram so that she could now sit up as laying day just wasn't for her anymore.
We made the transition quite quickly and she loved it, you will know when they are ready.

We started having her on her tummy more and we purchased a little seat with a play station that she could entertain herself with.



My advice:

Dont compare your baby with books or other mums.. every baby is different and they will be doing things are their pace so just enjoy the wave and learn to ride it!
Every moment is magical and you don't want to ruin it by becoming obsessed and worrying.


Continue with YOU time:

In the first 12 weeks post I had a section "Do not forget about you". I am going to echo this and say it again.
Its more important now than in the first 12 weeks. Although your baby becomes more predictable and you feel like "you got this" they also are becoming more active and demanding which can leave you feeling exhausted and low.
Do things that also make YOU happy and remember that its now a good time to start thinking about exercise and indulging.

I chose to start swimming once a week as I felt like I needed to exercise and focus on trying to loose some baby weight, nothing drastic and swimming can be done at your own pace.

Im not one for going to the gym and killing myself for a couple of hours.

I have also found the 1.5 hours I'm away from Aria Im doing something for me and I'm benefiting from it (plus it makes me miss her loads and I can't wait to be reunited again!)

Ive also had a full body massage and boy did I need it!! Trust me during this stage book yourself in and let your body be looked after for 50 minutes because lets get real you have been through so much!!




My advice:

If you wish to start exercise chose the one that you feel you will enjoy the most AND eat well.. whatever exercise you choose start slow and steady.. this is more for you time and just helping your body to adjust.

If you wish to book a full body massage then look out for some deals and get yourself a bargain.. YOU WILL need it!


Make time for Family day!

I am from a big family and theres nothing I love more than being with my family and from this I want to ensure that Aria is bought up the same way.

We lead such busy lives these days and I feel its important for me Aria and my husband to spend a day just us 3.

 My advice:

It doesn't have to be expensive days out.. I'm talking - go for brunch just the three of you / for coffee / shopping/ walk to the park .. whatever it is it is important to be altogether.







Handy tips during 3 - 6 months: 

- Passport time
We are going away soon and decided to do Arias passport.
It was so easy we just got a white sheet and laid her on it and then had the pictures printed off our iPhone! quick and simple.
Its great (if you can) to leave it til they are around 4 - 6 months as they have a little personality and are uber cute for the pics!

- Try to nap 
This is one thing I fail at but you are working 24/7 for your tiny human and you need rest!

- Continue to get out and about
I have done this from day 1 and continue to do so.. I want to remain mobile and each time I find it easier and easier - plus make use of those mother and child parking spaces... they are for YOU!

- Be with people
Whether I'm seeing my family/ with my husband or being with friends.. I love to be with people and for Aria to be comfortable in others arms.. A lot of people attend mother baby groups which is also fun and and a great way to mix with other babies. I am very fortunate my best friends have babies the same age as Aria BUT I will go to some classes soon.

- Take each day as it comes
Do NOT pressure yourself... enjoy the wave and ride it.

I hope you have found this useful!
Thanks for reading.

Roxanna xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you a Mamia Mum?

Mom Life - The Style Bubble baby products I am Loving - 6 months plus

Mom Life - The Style Bubble baby products i am loving!