The art to up styling a H&M Basic dress

Two weeks a go I had the dilemma of "What can I wear for a February wedding!?" Don't get me wrong if you took a trip to my wardrobes you would see plenty of occasional dresses that I have only worn once, maxi dresses, lace, black, red, pinks and pastel colours.. All types.. but I just didn't feel they would be suitable as I had never attended a wedding in February and with this in mind I was excited to get myself something new. I went to all my regular haunts and even trawled the internet but sometimes when your looking too hard I find nothing grabs me.

After extensive searching my last port of call Was H&M and to be honest I was on the brink of just giving up when I found a very simple dress from the "Divided H&M Basic" range. I loved the colour and quickly slipped it on.. I thought you really can't go wrong for £9.99. In the changing room I pictured in my mind what I had at home and what colours I could wear it with.


The colour is a gorgeous winter berry and rather than wearing black heels and matching clutch I felt it would suit a pair of patent nude heels I already owned from Marks and Spencer's (these never go out of fashion and are a key essential to mix and match with outfits) they are comfy and reasonably priced.

I had also recently purchased a blush pink  lightweight midi trench from River Island which I was dying to wear and this was my ultimate excuse!

The dress is figure hugging but in a very soft material so I found it comfy to wear all day. I am a size 8 and got the size small but this particular style ranges from XS - L.
As much as I loved the dress and already had key pieces At home i realised I definitely needed to accessorise this outfit.

I wear a lot of gold accessories as I find it warming with blonde hair and I didn't want anything too in your face (a lot of my current necklaces are big statement necklaces) instead I looked at some of the chokers and thin gold necklaces and found a gorgeous gold leaf choker cluster necklace and another long thin necklace and as I wanted to have the layering necklace effect I bought the both for £14.99.



So after all my searching I felt rather proud of myself when I walked out of H&M only spending £24.98 on a brand new outfit. Of course it's not a complete outfit but we all have a few pairs of heels and clutch bags lurking in our wardrobe that we can recycle and it proves you can get any look - even as a wedding guest for less than you expect.

Why don't you give it ago the next time your stuck?

X

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you a Mamia Mum?

Mom Life - The Style Bubble baby products I am Loving - 6 months plus

Mom Life - The Style Bubble baby products i am loving!