Ruffled shirt dress in oil from Zara - (Mustard dress)

Zara calls this colour oil - I call it mustard.

And I am totally in love with this colour right now.. I feel its one of those colours that seems to suit all hair colours and can be styled in so many creative ways.

I found this number from Zara (seems to be my main shop at the moment)

The one thing I don't want to do is go over board with this colour but by buying a dress it will be easy to keep reinventing looks which is what I'm all about with my maternity look as it can be costly to keep shopping for clothes (especially when they hopefully won't fit me once baby is here!)


With this dress I decided to wear it to my nephews baptism and threw on my Chanel ankle boots, oversized Topshop maxi coat and statement earrings.

As the day wasn't too cold I found this outfit worked perfectly but when it gets colder I aim to wear this dress with over the knee boots or biker boots with knee socks.

 

The dress has three quarter length sleeves, sits just above the knee and has button details to the waist.

Its loose and so soft and comfy to wear.. if you did choose it for maternity it is perfect! if not then it really is just a great style dress.

I wore statement earrings the first time but you can switch up the look by adding a real statement necklace as it has a collar.

I wore it for a special occasion but can't wait to wear it casually at the weekend - I seem to be doing that a lot more these days as I find occasional wear expensive and I only wear it once.

I have posted these pictures I have noticed in different lights it appears slightly different shades BUT it is yellow mustard  and this colour is set to be huge this autumn so invest wisely as next year it might not be as hot on trend.

How do you feel about the mustard trend?

Could you see yourself wearing this dress this autumn?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you a Mamia Mum?

Mom Life - The Style Bubble baby products I am Loving - 6 months plus

Mom Life - The Style Bubble baby products i am loving!