The Ivy Chelsea Garden -

Every now and then I love to visit the hotspots in London and have something to look forward to.

My last trip was before December so this day out was long overdue.

Last year I saw the Ivy opened "The Ivy City Garden" and of-course I was desperate to go but due to unfortunate circumstances I never made it. 

Fast forward to a couple of months ago when my friend and I were choosing where to have a day out and we chose "The Ivy Chelsea Garden".

Admittedly this was the better choice!

Why?
The restaurant is located on one of Londons most sought after roads, one that is lined with high end shops, bars and beautiful houses. You can really make a day of it - and thats exactly what we did.

I made the booking on www.opentable.co.uk which was great as they send reminders! 
This is so handy considering we both lead hectic lives AND we tend to book so far in advance.

Back to my experience:

After wading through the bloggers having their pictures taken at the entrance of cascading flowers, (I also did this at the end of our visit) We arrived at 11.45am for our 12pm booking and surprisingly they had our table ready and we were seated straight away.

We ordered prosecco to start as we felt like celebrating. 
We didn't actually have anything to celebrate but life is the occasion right?

 

The menu was huge. So much choice.
In the end we decided to split and go half and half with our choices so we could try more!

The decor:

Patiently waiting, sipping on prosecco and talking.. I really took in the surroundings of the Ivy Chelsea garden. 

Pot plants that lit up, a roaring fire place, mirrors, statement furniture and array of cushions - what more could you ask for?

 

I absolutely loved the decor and the ambience of everyone talking and enjoying their food.

The waitress was extremely friendly and after asking her if they had a charge point she explained she can take my phone to be charged and then gave me a receipt - how good is that?


Food choices:

We didn't get starters as it was lunch time, so we went straight in with the main course.

We chose a meat option and a vegetarian option to share.

- The steak sandwich "French Dip" and the HLT.

 

The food was beautifully presented, the beef so tender and the vegetables so fresh - I really enjoyed what we chose.
Oh and you must try their chips.

Dessert anyone?

Feeling abit tipsy and eager to try something sweet we decided to try their easter special - "The Melting Bunny"

Again you couldn't fault their presentation BUT sadly it didn't live up to its name as it failed to melt!

Once we finished our meal we went to the bar to finish our prosecco and head outside to take some "blogger-esque" photos with the beautiful flower entrance.

I really enjoyed my visit and now want to try some of the other branches!







Have you tried any of the Ivy's?

Love Always
Roxanna

xxx






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you a Mamia Mum?

Mom Life - The Style Bubble baby products I am Loving - 6 months plus

Mom Life - The Style Bubble baby products i am loving!