Something Paisley for the weekend


Last weekend I decided to hit the shops to look for an outfit for a close friends birthday party. Walking around the shopping centre I remembered I hate shopping in January because of all the unwanted sale items still looming on the shop rails and therefore left empty handed. Mid week I decided to have a sneaky peak at Boohoo.com. I already had in mind I wanted a Paisley shirt dress that I could wear with my new Chanel boots.


 I came across the "Debbie Paisley Border print shirt dress". Although I tend to steer away from colours I really liked the print/ variation in this particular dress. I choose the black option but it also has elements of navy, cream and burgundy. By having a variety of colours it would enable me to mix and match it with other items I currently have in my wardrobe.

When I tried it on I wasn't 100% sure the style would suit a Saturday night out. The length of the dress was longer than I anticipated and reached my knees.  To me it didn't quite look the part for the style I was going for so decided to experiment with belts and I felt much happier with it rooched up. I decided on a belt that I could tie in a bow to give a added girly touch.

The dress is 100% polyester but feels incredibly silky. With this particular fabric the colours tend to look richer under bright lights/ sunlight.

To add to my look I also purchased the "Lauren mixed cluster cuff set" in gold from Boohoo.com. You get 4 bracelets for just £6 and you can wear them altogether or on their own. I opted for altogether as each bracelet has a different symbol and I loved the fact they were a cluster.

On this occasion my dress was the focal point of the outfit and wanted to keep the look stylish and simple so I wore my black block heel Chanel boots and my black Mulberry "Tessie" satchel. If you don't own a pair of ankle boots this dress would also look great with suede over the knee boots, which was my second option.








I really enjoyed wearing this dress and mixing fast fashion with designer accessories. I am looking forward to mixing things up when the weather gets warmer and ditching the boots and instead wearing white platform pumps to create a "day look" ... Watch this space!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you a Mamia Mum?

Mom Life - The Style Bubble baby products I am Loving - 6 months plus

Mom Life - The Style Bubble baby products i am loving!